To My Dearest Unknowing Young Victoria,
Here are ten things that I wish someone would have told you. I know it would have really relieved a lot of worry and anxiety for you.
1. Blood comes in various colors, ranging from brown to red to pink to an almost purple.
2. If all of your friends have their periods but you don't, there’s nothing wrong with you.
3. There’s more options out there than just disposable pads and tampons.
4. Most guys really aren’t that freaked out by periods, no reason to hide it.
5. Hormones and periods are a good thing, no need to hate on them.
6. Every female has this thing called a menstrual cycle, kind of like the lunar cycle.
7. You’re only fertile around five days each month, guys are the ones fertile 24/7.
8. It’s ok to get sad and tired and happy and angry all at once during the end of your cycle.
9. Tampons can't get lost inside of you, your vagina is not a black hole.
10. Just by yourself you can tell whether you’re fertile or not and control your fertility.
I know it’s a lot to digest right now, but keep this list near, and refer back to it as needed.
All My Love,